FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 14, 2013
Sterling Announces Second Amendment Steering Committee
Republican Attorney General candidate David Sterling today announced formation of a Second Amendment Steering Committee. Sterling says the committee will advise him on issues regarding protection of Arkansans’ gun rights.
“Everyone on this committee shares my concern that the Obama Administration is aggressively working to limit our right to keep and bear firearms,” remarked Sterling. “As a strong supporter of gun rights, I’ve sought out Arkansas leaders actively involved in the fight to protect and preserve our Second Amendment freedoms so they can advise me on gun-related issues in our campaign,” Sterling said.
Members of Sterling’s Second Amendment Steering Committee:
- Representative Bob Ballinger: pro-Second Amendment legislative leader
- Representative Charlotte Douglas: pro-gun leader in the legislature
- Steve Jones: President, Arkansas Carry and concealed carry instructor
- Nicholas Stehle: Board member, Arkansas Carry and concealed carry instructor
- Thomas Tedder: Owner, Old Faithful Holsters
In response to Attorney General McDaniel’s opinion that Act 746 of this year’s legislative session does not permit open carry of firearms by law-abiding Arkansans, Sterling openly disagreed. “My interpretation of this statute is that law-abiding Arkansans may legally carry handguns either openly or concealed on their person or in their automobile,” opined Sterling.